Wars
This blog is in response to my good friend kashyap's blog. http://kashyapchhotai.blogspot.com/2008/12/confusion.html
He has some hard time understanding why wars take place. I have tried to give only sound reasoning on why should wars take place. I am in no way advocating that solution to every or any problem is war. Now to Kashyap's blog's response
Dost. I may have solution to why does war take place. Atleast for the current situation of our country. My reasoning follows (For our country only)
1) It is very clear. We don't want to attack any country. We don't want to have so called "War" with them. Only what we want is to attack terror camps across the border. and if the other country decides to protect them then there are chances of war. (So wars takes place) 2) War is anytime better than terrorism. You are not suggesting that one should keep on tolerating terrorism and don't give fitting reply. are you? (So wars do take place) 3) Suppressor becomes aggressor. For decades our country has always kept on tolerating. whether it was 1965, 1971 or 1998. We have never initiated war and have always responded to attacks on us. I feel that tolerance limit is now stretched to its maximum limit. One more prank and it may cross the tolerance limit.
4) I may sound little devilish but economy has chance to improve in war conditions. Anyways they are damaging or you may say sabotaging our economy. War will bring along greater demand and hence supply will increase while oiling the wheel of economy.
Now for general reasons. why wars do happen. (Again i am not advocating for wars)
You pointed out
1) To fulfill egos.
2) To resolve conflicts
3) To prove one is right and other is wrong
Here my friend you have missed upon a very serious point. and that is
All new powerful arms and ammunition merchants.
Be it terrorism or war, it is highly provoked by arms and ammunition traders and manufactures. They are very powerful men and have influence in major decissions of any country. They are nor friends nor foe of any particular country. They provide their "goods" to both the sides. They are lethal...
There are many other factors resulting to wars. I hope this article has shade some light on the confusion of Kashyap.
----------------------------------------------------------
Now back to life... harit has started writing blogs. One of the last thing expected from him... Nice though, I hope amit follows the trend soon. Mangalam Calenders have come out wonderfully well.. Only spot of bother in life right now is that hiral is not keeping well on alternate days. Rashi is doing fine. I guess suggesting article topics works fine with me. So any of you have any suggestions for me to write upon please forward it to me
I do believe that Pakistan is wrong. But I don't share Parimal's perception that "for decades we've kept on tolerating" and that "we've never initiated a war". There is a nation called Bangladesh that exists in this world because India actively supported it's separation from Pakistan, with money, mind and muscles. We get worked up when Pakistan encourages and provokes the separatists in Kashmir. But we consider it an act of heroism and bravery when India tears apart Pakistan into two pieces. I am sure there are many people in Pakistan who considered that an act that stretched their "tolerance" to "maximum limit"!
ReplyDeleteI do believe that Pakistan is wrong. But I don't share Parimal's perception that "for decades we've kept on tolerating" and that "we've never initiated a war". There is a nation called Bangladesh that exists in this world because India actively supported it's separation from Pakistan, with money, mind and muscles. We get worked up when Pakistan encourages and provokes the separatists in Kashmir. But we consider it an act of heroism and bravery when India tears apart Pakistan into two pieces. I am sure there are many people in Pakistan who considered that an act that stretched their "tolerance" to "maximum limit"!
ReplyDelete