People seldom remember the tiny happy moments of life. Either they recollect big happy moments or big unhappy moments in life. As a matter of fact they also have tiny sad and unhappy moments in their minds but tiny happy moments of life are forgotten. Blogs are not the place to write something very personal (As I found out recently, preparing my internet safety presentation J ) But, I guess I will write my life’s personal happy moments to cheer me up whenever I am down. (that means I will probably not read them again, ever)
Ok, where should I begin from? When I look back at my life, earliest moment that I can recall is a trip from school. I don’t remember the location but I was in 2nd standard. My schools name was A.V. Jasani school it was subsidiary of Lalbahadur shastri trust. We were suppose to enact a drama at picnic spot. It was a singing drama. I was playing the Doctor in the drama. I think I was chosen because in those days I used to carry tin box as my bag to the school and probably I was very cute as well. J. I don’t remember all the lines but some at the end which went like this “Don’t worry, Don’t worry. Doctor is here!!! Forget all the worries and have no fear!!!” I actually sang those lines. After these lines, I operate on a girl and save her life as the chorus in background start singing some doctor song and the drama ends there with huge applause. I was nicknamed doctor for a while in the school. That drama adhered to me for a while and was associated with my first sense of pride. It also helped me in putting up that extra effort in all the tasks I did, because all of a sudden a certain quality was expected from me and I also felt that I had to do something different than others. Mind you I used word different and not better.
Now, 5th standard. I always wanted to be in music team that performed in assembly but I never managed to be in them. I worked doubly hard in music classes but nothing seem to register in my mind. (singing for public is not good K) I always used to scream my stomach out but was never selected. I realized later, much later that singing has got no connection with screamingJ. Now the problem was I wanted to perform in assembly and our class’s music team got chance once in every 14 working days and then also it was almost impossible for me to get in that team. So I diverted my mind on news reading at assembly. Here, the problem was that only 7th standard students got chance at news reading in assembly. This was handled by English teacher of 5th 6th & 7th. I approached her once and asked her why can’t a 5th grader read news in assembly? She said simply because no one from 5th grade has ever asked to do so. I said that I would like to try. She said yes and after a weeks preparation I recited news in assembly. The thrill I experienced that day was something that I would never forget in my life. I experienced goose bums and a feeling of intoxication for the very first time in my life.
See, this is what happens I sat down to write all the naughty things and all the fun things that I experienced in life but ended up writing two of my most memorable moments or early childhood. But, anyways this was something that I haven’t shared with anyone even my best buddies. Right kashyap, harit, amit? And yet it was special to me. Until next time, Be happy and make happy.
Very interesting. It seems like I am getting to acquaint with you all over again, through your blog. Thanks for sharing these lovely little pieces of your life with me.
ReplyDeleteps: It's quite well written too! Keep the good work going.
That is so very true. Simple things in the early part of life have a huge impact on framing your personality and ideology of life.
ReplyDeleteGood going...!!! Keep it up...!!!